Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/2/11: And it begins...

So much for 2011 being off to a great start!
So, hubby & daddy tried fixing the roof today. Yes, it  has stopped leaking, but after taking a bunch of shingles off, finding the area that's soaked, buying a [cut] sheet of plywood, and new shingles (they had everything else) they discovered that there is NO hole in the roof! The blizz-izzard we had caused ice build up - or as my dad called it, an ice dam - and the snow that was melting had nowhere to go but into the wood and seeped in! I guess it's good news that there's no hole, but the time spent and money on supplies will be missed. And when it gets warmer, the ceiling in the master bedroom will need to be replaced.....since those water spots on the ceiling are what made us discover this problem to begin with!!!


Until then, though, I will continue to forge ahead with my cocktail adventure. Today's cocktail is called a Money Shot, and so I have included an image for you as well as the recipe!


Money Shot
1/2 oz vodka (Svedka, thank you)
1/2 oz Irish Cream (today I used Bailey's)
1/4 oz coffee liqueur (yup, still Kamora)
Splash of cream (or, in my case, fat free 1/2 & 1/2)


Mix in a shaker with ice. Strain into a shot glass.
Or, if you aren't in a shooter move, like me, pour into a glass - ice and all, sip & enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment