Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

So, here I sit with my hubby, our puppy....and my mom and dad. They are here to help us fix our 1st headache of the new year. There's a hole in the roof! Weirdly, since we bought the house in August, there have been a number of rainstorms - and some were pretty bad. But we never had a problem with a lea in the roof until this week. Thank you blizzard of 2010....you really but the icing on the rancid cake that was 2010. Maybe this will be the only big issue that we have to deal with this year, so that we can get on with getting all of our "wants" done and not all of the "needs."

Know what I needed? Something to relieve the major headache that was born in my brain this morning when Jason found that leak....

Spiked Mocha

1oz coffee liqueur (again....Kamora....)
1oz creme de cacao (i used clear, but brown is cool, too)
Espresso or strong brewed coffee
Whipped Cream
Brown Sugar

Mix liqueurs in a coffee mug (I used a clear glass Irish Coffee mug for aesthetic pleasure). Add coffee....as much as you'd like...but leave a little bit of room at the top! I don't have my espresso brewer/maker available (he has the week off - ha ha ha!) so I just used french roast coffee in my Keurig on the smallest setting. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Use a chocolate candy stick or a chocolate peppermint candy cane as a stirrer.

Be wary: this thing will knock you out - even if you use regular coffee! Or, maybe I'm just a lightweight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment