Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 7: All I Needed Was a "Sip of Hope!"

Yes, I have my cell phone back.....but all is not 100%.


I will tell you the anecdote of my cell phone escapade tomorrow.  Today has been so stressful that I just needed to come home, have a cocktail and watch some Law & Order: Los Angeles. Love me some Skeet Ulrich!

Anyway, a short and sweet blog entry calls for a sweet cocktail.

It's November, which means it's not officially "Breast Cancer Awareness Month," but rest assured that all that has happened with my cell phone is nothing compared to what some women - and men - have to deal with every single day of the year. Not just in October. This is for them, and those who know, love & support them.

Sip of Hope


2oz Sutter Home White Zinfandel
1oz Vodka (today I've got Svedka)
1-1/2oz mango juice (I used mango nectar - found it at WalMart)
1oz pomegranate juice (use Pom - bottles are awesome!)
1/2 lemon juice
Splash lemon-lime soda (I used diet...there's enough sugar up in here already)
Pomegranate seeds for garnish (oops...I left this part off...)

Shake White Zin, vodka, mango, pomegranate and lemon juices with ice.
Strain into a (pink) sugar rimmed glass.
Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda.
Garnish with the pomegranate seeds....or don't....

No comments:

Post a Comment