Friday, October 29, 2010

Day One. Peppermint Patty time.

So, I have no idea what a blog really is, or why one would choose to write one. 

Ok, I do.  Well, I think I do.  Well, at least I know what I want to do.  I just want to share some of my favorite cocktails with my friends far and wide!

I'm not much of a beer drinker, and I'm not much of a wine drinker, either.  Frankly, I like a good cocktail.  There's something so juvenile about my favorite cocktails, which is ironic, since kids can't drink them!  While cocktails can have a hearty burn, or a heavy taste, I prefer lighter ones - the ones that you can drink without making those crazy faces!  True, some people like the burn and not the sweet - but this is MY blog!  My favorite cocktails are sweet, sometimes fruity, sometimes desserty and always delicious.  I say they are slightly juvenille because so many of them remind me of candy or ice cream sundaes.  I mean come on - can't something that reminds me of being a kid still be something very adult?

To this I say "YES" and bring you my newest find and first blog cocktail.

The Peppermint Patty

1-1/2 oz to 3oz Peppermint Schnapps (how much burn do you want?)
Yoo-Hoo - 1 can.
Ice.

Shake schnapps and Yoo-Hoo with ice. Strain into a glass. Enjoy!
~or~
Pour schnapps over ice in a tall glass. Fill with Yoo-Hoo. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. 1st thing I've noticed about this blog. I was reading it just now (9:23am on Friday October 29) which is about 9-1/2 hours after I posted it. I found a typo and edited it. Now the original post date/time stamp is gone! That's just not right.

    Lesson? Don't edit posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete