Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 4: Happy Halloween!

What a fun day today has been! I just love Halloween!


Actually, I am not a fan of the scary part at all. I love seeing the kids dressed up, amusingly I like to give out the candy (Jason struggles with that) and I especially love the annual Pine Ave Trick-or-Treat-Trivia-for-Candy game. And so do the kids in Manasquan! So many of them remember us from the past years! Yes, you heard right. You must answer a trivia question in order to get candy. This year's favorite candy was Wonka's Nerds Rope. Three years I've gotten it to hand out, and three years running it's the first candy to be out. Not the Snickers, Milky Ways, Whatchmacalits, Reese's Pieces, Hershey Bars, Skittles or Starburst. Sure, there were fans of these candies *like me* but the Nerds Rope is where it's at!

That said, I feel like a traitor for going back to Manasquan instead of staying at the new house in Wall. But we were told no one will come here - we are the last house on the dead end...and the previous owner was, well, feared by the kids in the neighborhood. Not good. But we did leave a bowl of candy out. To prove everyone was right, we left at about 1:00 or so....got back at 9:00 and there's still about 1/3 of the bowl of candy left.  True, these are not the King size bars like we give out at PATOTTFC, but who takes one fun size bar if no-one's watching? NOBODY! You know kids took fistfuls....which is OK. Halloween is for them, right?

So, I've been home for 20 minutes and I'm freezing. Going pretty basic again tonight...but it's pretty delish - a true old favorite standby!

Cocoa Butter


Hot cocoa (no marshmallows needed)
Buttershots (butterscotch schnapps)
Redi Whip (optional)

Make the cocoa.
Add about 1 1/2 oz of Buttershots.
Top with whipped cream if you wish.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy....

No comments:

Post a Comment